- Liverpool's Caroline Charlton is currently on loan in the USA, playing in the Women's Premier Soccer League for ACF Torino who are based in Maryland. Last Tuesday ACF Torino were held to a 2-2 draw away with Chesapeake Charge and four days later welcomed the same side to their home ground but this time were beaten 1-0. You can watch video highlights of the 2-2 draw below and read a match report from the 1-0 defeat on the clubs website here. Caroline wears shirt number 18 for Torino, who also have another couple of Liverpool girls Amie Fleming and Sophie Jones there this season.
- Another Liverpool player on loan is Katie Brussell who played her first game for Ottawa Fury on Saturday, coming off the bench during the 3-0 win. Read the match report here and watch video highlights of the game here!
- Last week the England squad for Euro 2013 was revealed with Liverpool's Gemma Bonner, Fara Williams and Lucy Bronze amongst those called up. This week it was Iceland's turn to announce their squad with a place there for Liverpool midfielder Katrin Omarsdottir. Also announced was host nation Sweden's squad however somehow reds winger Louise Fors has missed out on a spot.
This means Liverpool will have just the four players at Euro 2013. Katrin and Iceland play their first game against Norway on Thursday 11th June while England will take on Spain in their opener the following day. Germany and Holland make up the rest of Iceland's tough group and along with England and Spain in Group C are Russia and France.
- England Women's National Team have met up this week at St Georges Park for their pre-Euros training camp. Fara Williams and Lucy Bronze were both interviewed for FATV ahead of Wednesday's friendly against Japan, you can view both of these interviews below.
Fara Williams (Birmingham's Karen Carney also in this video)
- On Wednesday England played current World Champion's Japan in Barnet. This match seen Arsenal's Rachel Yankey become the most capped England player with 126 caps. Fara Williams played the full 90 minutes in a position slightly higher up than where she plays for Liverpool. Lucy Bronze made her England debut in front of the 5000 strong crowd and very nearly capped it with a winning goal in the last few minutes, volleying the ball into the back of the net from a free kick but Jess Clarke had strayed into an offside position and the goal was disallowed. The game finished 1-1 with Liverpool captain Gemma Bonner an unused substitute.
This was actually England's second friendly this week, they beat Holland 3-2 on Monday in a behind-closed-doors game. Team news for that match is unavailable.
Below you can view highlights from England's 1-1 draw with Japan and to watch a post-match interview with Lucy Bronze please click here.
England 1 - 1 Japan highlights
I am also happy to say that Liverpool website This Is Anfield have asked me to join their team, providing them with articles from Liverpool Ladies. Their site is well established having been online since 2001 and they have a fair amount of twitter followers! I am very excited to get the opportunity to get the Ladies news out to a much wider audience so keep your eyes peeled for that!